Saturday, February 23, 2013

No work on the farm today....




It was a cold, rainy day today. I am not complaining though since as of tonight we have received 5.67 inches of rain this month!  It is so wonderful to see the pond filling back up.  We have had 5 Canadian geese decide there is enough water in the pond now to possibly make it habitable!  I am hoping they decide to stay and raise some goslings.  We purchased some whole corn yesterday in hopes that a little food might make their decision to stay a little easier. That plus I get to wear my muck boots!



http://www.onethousandgifts.com
With the weather being what it was today, my sweetie had the perfect opportunity to spend the morning with his buddy Jerry at a farm equipment auction.  It was cold, rainy, and muddy, but they did purchase a few items. 

It also gave me the opportunity to meet with two special friends, Debbie Pardis and Amanda Hatfield, at Deb's house.  She was a wonderful hostess providing us with fresh baked sweet potato muffins and coffee as we started our bible study "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. What a blessing it was to share God's word with these two special ladies!  We chose the small group DVD and study guides for our little group.  What an awesome first lesson and beautiful photos on the DVD.  I can't wait until we meet again!  Until then I will be doing my homework including listing my 1000 Gifts.

It has been a great, relaxing day for everyone.  I sit here this evening, curled up on the couch in an afghan Deb made for Scott and I when we married, surrounded by furry family members.  I am enjoying watching and listening to Scott and my nephew Gideon battle it out playing guitar hero....good old 80's tunes!  We are so blessed with so many things...including wonderful friends and family.

It is supposed to be clearing off tonight and be 67 degrees tomorrow.  We will be working on The Chicken Inn II tomorrow.  Installing hardware cloth over the windows and building the window facings.

We'll probably use these techniques again this weekend to safely run extension cords to the coop:





I know Gideon is hoping that he and Scott get the four wheeler put back together. They really had to take everything off just to work on the brake lines last weekend.



It was a nice break today, but I'm looking forward to church in the morning working outside tomorrow afternoon :0) I'll update the progress of The Chicken Inn II soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment